Valleys Postponed

Due to the very high winds on the Mynd the Long Mynd Valleys race has been postponed for safety reasons for both the competitors and the marshals. The following message has been sent to registered competitors:

NOTICE – Race cancelled / postponed

In case you don't have an up to date phone number on SI today's Longmynd Valleys race is postponed. We've assessed conditions on the hill and it's difficult to make any forward progress into the wind – let alone, race. This combined with the forecast for imminent heavy rain (we've already had a lot) makes the risk to marshals unacceptable. If we had another incident like the broken ankle a few years ago we would really struggle to respond.

We have tried hard to avoid this decision knowing you are all hardy competitors but hope you will understand. All other outdoor events appear to have been abandoned.

We will look to put it on at some point in the next few weeks if possible, so will be in touch with all entrants by email over the next couple of days.